Skip to content


Payment at the Embassy
The Danish embassy only accepts card payments, no cash payments will be accepted. If you do not wish to pay by card, please, contact the embassy for details on how to make a bank transfer.

Booking an appointment
You must book an appointment at .

Passport services at our honorary consulates
The Danish honorary consulates in India (Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai), Sri Lanka, the Maldives and Bhutan can ONLY issue emergency passports and extend passports, as well as receive passport applications for children under 12 years of age. We recommend that you contact the consulate in advance to book a time for the service.

Exit permit - Leaving India on an emergency passport
If you have lost the passport with your Indian visa and are leaving on an emergency passport, you will need an exit permit from the Indian authorities in order to leave the country. The embassy will issue a letter for the Indian authorities confirming your name, date of birth, nationality, as well as your new passport number. The cost of this letter can be found here. The letter is to be used when you apply for the exit permit through the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO).

For more information on how to apply for an exit permit please visit the FRRO website.