Skip to content

Long-term stay

Foreign nationals who intend to stay in Denmark for more than 90 days cannot travel to Denmark on a regular Schengen visa. Long-term stays, for instance for work or study purposes, require a residence permit.

The Embassy in New Delhi only has a mailbox and service function in connection with residence permit applications. The applications will be assessed either by the Danish Immigration Service (DIS) or the Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI).

More detailed information can be found on the website of DIS/SIRI.

Please also consult the website of the International Citizen Service, if you plan to move to Denmark. It offers you "help with the paperwork", "personal guidance", and "many useful information". ICS is located in four major cities in Denmark.

Please keep in mind that, as a business traveller going to Denmark for work purposes, you have to apply for a residence and work permit, even if your intended stay is less than 90 days. A short-term visa does not allow you to work in Denmark!

Read more about the difference between a business visa and a work permit here.