Why India as your Knowledge and Innovation destination?
A growing skill and talent base
- A young and growing population.
- Highly trained English-speaking professionals such as engineers, scientists, doctors and entrepreneurs.
A centre of innovation and new technologies
- Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida in the North, Mumbai-Pune in the West and Bangalore-Chennai-Hyderabad in the South are hot spots for innovation due to presence of top-academic and research institutes and the development of allied industries.
- Several hundred multinational companies have opened industrial R&D centers and laboratories in different sectors.
Ambitious goals to become a developed nation
- Education, Science and Technology are tools for economic and social development. The government of India wants to increase the investment in education to 6 % of GDP and in research to 2 % of GDP.
- Compared to Denmark, R&D costs are low. R&D costs are generally about one-eight and clinical trials around one-tenth of Western price levels.