Position: Junior Officer
Type of employment: Full Time, two-year local contract
Starting date: July 1st. 2017
Location: Danish Embassy in New Delhi. Golf Links 11
Deadline for application: May 1st 2017
The Embassy is seeking to recruit two junior officers for the Trade Department and Innovation Centre Denmark. We are looking for candidates who are flexible, out-going as well as analytical and detail-oriented team players. Candidates must have strong knowledge of trade and innovation, be good at networking, and have proven skills in advanced report writing.
The Trade Council assists Danish companies, organisations, universities and government in building partnerships and economic ties in India. The Trade Council is guided by a mission statement and activities are measured on a balanced scorecard including income target as well as customer value and quality targets.
The Junior Officers shall mainly assist the heads and advisors of the trade department and Innovation Centre Denmark but will also undertake individual tasks.
Main tasks and responsibilities as Junior Officer
The candidate will be assisting the export and innovation advisors in their efforts, more specifically:
• Building stakeholder contacts (university, research hubs, clusters and private companies) both in India and Denmark within various industry sectors.
• Matching opportunities in India with Danish competencies within business, R&D, know-how and skills.
• Market surveys, market information, partner identification (Agents, Distributors, Suppliers), marketing activities, gathering information on import regulations, customs, be part of planning and execution of delegation visits etc.
• 0-2 years’ experience in consultancy or B2B, business R&D or from a university incubator or tech trans office.
• Master’s degree of relevance
• The individual is proactive and self-motivated to meet the service level agreed with the customers
• Team player
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to understand the business opportunity for a given product, service or technology in India.
• Open minded to new ideas, information sources and business opportunities.
• Flexible work attitude (time & tasks).
• Good knowledge of Denmark and Danish society is an advantage.
• Command of Danish or one of the Scandinavian languages is an advantage.
• Diversified job responsibilities and tasks providing an exciting learning environment for entry level candidates.
• Exposure to key decision makers.
• International environment – working with Danish companies, people and colleagues around the world.
• The Danish Foreign Ministry – a brand name employer in a league of its own.
• Challenging and inspiring work environment as focus on Indian market opportunities intensifies.
• The job is full time, permanent employment on a local contract.
• Standard working hours are 40 hours per week
• You will be entitled to 25 days of paid leave per year.
• Your salary will reflect your qualifications, relevant experience and proven work-related results.
• You will be covered by a workplace healthcare and pension scheme.
Application and recruitment process
To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations and 2-3 references) in English to Commercial Counsellor Morten Ranieri-Svendsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Head of Innovation Centre, Molshree Pandey at email@example.com” no later than May 1st 2017.
The Embassy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews.
The chosen candidate must present a “No Criminal Record” and pass security clearance by the Danish authorities prior to appointment.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Morten Ranieri-Svendsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Molshree Pandey at email@example.com .