Position: Junior expert
Type of employment: Full Time, two-year local contract
Starting date: July 1st 2017
Location: Danish Embassy in New Delhi. Golf Links 11
Deadline for application: May 1st 2017
The Embassy is seeking to recruit a junior expert for its Political & Economic Department. We are looking for a person who is flexible, out-going as well as an analytical and detail-oriented team player. Candidates must have strong knowledge of Indian politics and India’s economy, be good at networking, and have proven skills in advanced report writing.
You will be working in a team of seven employees in the Political & Economic Department. The main tasks of the department is to generate background information and recommendations to the Embassy management and to Danish Government agencies on various aspects of Indian politics and economy. Guiding for our department is the aim to create opportunities and strengthen cooperation between Indian and Danish players across the board of politics, economics, business, research, innovation, people-to-people exchange and culture.
You will be responsible for providing updated ‘hard data’ input for periodic economic reports. You will also provide input to embassy reports focussing on specific subjects related to India’s politics and economy. You are expected to cultivate a broad network of relevant players in various industries, and among think-tanks and NGOs and possibly government. Being a small embassy, flexibility is required for ad-hoc tasks outside of your own portfolio. While a high level of knowledge and expertise is required, we will primarily evaluate your performance against your ability to support the goals of your team and the Embassy.
Main tasks and responsibilities as Junior Expert
• Generate periodic draft economic reports
• Provide input to reports on major economic and financial events (presentation of Government budget, RBI interest rate changes etc)
• Generation of focus reports on aspects of the Indian economy and politics, including sector reports in cooperation with the Embassy’s commercial department.
• Identify areas and developments of potential interest for Denmark and Danish players
• Ad-hoc tasks, including from other embassy departments.
• Social Science Master degree in the field of e.g. economics, finance, or politics.
• Strong knowledge of Indian society, politics and India’s economy.
• Good networking skills
• Proven report writing skills
• A pro-active, results-oriented, creative etc. attitude/approach to handling of assignments.
• Great interpersonal skills and team player abilities as well as interest in and willingness to share knowledge with – and learn from – colleagues.
• Excellent command of English and Hindi both oral and written.
• IT proficiency and solid skills regarding the Microsoft Office program, including Excel.
• A structured mind-set and ability to work independently and efficiently.
• Flexible and willing to adapt to the changing needs of the Embassy.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under time pressure.
• Good knowledge of Denmark and Danish society is an advantage.
• Command of Danish or one of the Scandinavian languages is an advantage.
• An exciting, inter-cultural and dynamic work environment with a wide range of diverse tasks.
• Working with interesting and stimulating tasks in a team of competent local and posted colleagues.
• Great opportunities for further development of your professional and personal competences.
• You will be offered full time, two-year local contract.
• Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week
• You will be entitled to 25 days of paid holiday per year.
• Your salary will reflect your qualifications, relevant experience and proven work-related results.
• You will be covered by a workplace pension scheme and health insurance.
Application and recruitment process
To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations and 2-3 references) in English to Economic Counsellor, Nis Lauge-Gellert at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st May 2017.
The Embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews – expected to take place in first half of May 2017.
The chosen candidate must present a “No Criminal Record” and pass security clearance by the Danish authorities prior to appointment.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Economic Counsellor, Nis Lauge-Gellert at email@example.com.